Saturday 3 January 2015

Bye 2014!

Happy Holidays Everyone! Indeed, the beginning of a new year is here, as we welcome 2015! Although this post was a bit late, I wanted to acknowledge the Christmas that I had.

The build up to Christmas 2014 was very slow; yet, thrilling. Preparation for it took a lot of thought, and I felt I had to force myself into the excitement of it all. I guess Christmas day just seemed like any other day that passes by. I think it may be that the family Christmas spirit  was not as lively as it use to be. Or, it may be the sorrow that my family had suffered in the past year that has lightened our annual celebrations and enjoyment. Nonetheless, it was a nice atmosphere filled with laughs, smiles and lots of love. 



For Christmas, I decided to make Christmas cards for my family and friends. After my craft making-session, I  remembered I couldn't help but stop smiling as I was desperate and excited for the receivers to open and read them. It has been a long time since I last made something for my family, and I thought it was long overdue. As I made and wrote these cards,  I realised that just a simple gesture can make you smile. I was reminded of  the little things in life that can bring you excitement and joy. I was surprised how much fun card-making was (brings back my childhood memories). I hope I will continue to surprise myself in enjoying what I would normally find a waste of time.








The Christmas day ended in a mega-traditional filling + mouthwatering feast, the adults chatted away, while the cousins got together to play a board game 'Ticket to Ride'. The night finished off with a delicious dessert, and the unwrapping of  Christmas gifts. In the end, there were some gifts that were expected, unexpected, while some were a bit of a disappointment. 











As 2014 came to an end, I hoped everyone had a fantastic Christmas filled with love, joy + peace, surrounded by family and friends. Lastly, I wish everyone a wonderful new year filled with love, joy and peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment